Friday, November 23, 2012

Thanksgiving =)

Well, I hope everyone had a really great Thanksgiving =) My day was great!! My mom, my sister, my grandma and I all united to form one stellar turkey-cooking team; I had the wondrous and thoroughly delightful job of stuffing the turkey. Yes, I crammed my BARE HAND into the cold, clammy, gaping body cavity of what was once a real live gobbling turkey. It was just thrilling. (=P) I also made rolls, which were delectable, and my mom and sister made mince meat pie (please excuse me while I go barf) and pumpkin pie, which was also wonderful and tasted like heaven. The turkey, which was dubbed Henry by my grandma, was tasted as good as it looked; AWESOME. But I must say, I filled up mostly on mashed potatoes and rolls. Like usual. =) Hahahaha I also tripped over the hem of my pajama pants and spilled half a bowl of melted butter all over the stairs.....  Yeah, I was cracking up =P

So, as break is sadly wrapping up, I've come to the realization that this Thanksgiving and Christmas is kind of bittersweet... it's the last holiday season I'll have living with my sister. :-( She's moving next year, and I know she'll come to visit and everything, but it's going to be different. I'm happy that she's going to start a new life for herself at college, with new friends, opportunities, and places, but I'm going to miss her so much!!! I think I'll really notice her absence in little ways... like when I set a place for her at the table and have to put it away, or go into her room to ask her if I can steal a pair of socks only to find that neither she nor her socks are there anymore. So as she prepares to head off to college and leave me as the ONLY child in the house, all I can do is treasure the time I have left with her!! (@Steph.... we still HAVE to do that distorted faces photoshoot...;-)

You know, there is SO much to be thankful for.... I know everyone says that all the time, but it's so true. Everything is wonderful; education, good friends, the Catholic Church, Shakespeare, and-- in the words of my ballet teacher's son (this was a loooong time ago)--windows! Hehehe cute, ain't it? But really. Everything is a blessing, and the hardships and the struggles are just a part of the perfect plan for our lives. So we must always live in thanksgiving, because there's so much to be thankful for....

Okay. Randomness (because I don't know what else to write about ;-) here's a fun word!!

honorificabilitudinity:

honorableness
 Isn't that awesome?!?!?! I have an affinity for rare and unusual words, so there's but a small taste of it =P And with that, I bid you all happy belated Thanksgiving, and bonne journee <3

~B






2 comments: